Stilling the storm: Mark 4:35-41
That day when evening came, he said to his disciples, “let us go over to the other side”. Leaving the crowd behind, they took him along… A furious squall came up, and the waves broke over the boat, so that it was nearly swamped. Jesus was in the stern, sleeping on a cushion. The disciples woke him and said to him, “Teacher, don’t you care if we drown?” He got up, rebuked the wind and said to the waves, “Quiet! Be Still!
Then the wind died down and it was completely calm. He said to his disciples, “Why are you so afraid? Do you still have no faith?” they were terrified and asked each other, “Who is this? Even the wind and the waves obey him!”
1. There will always be storms in life
2. I cannot predict the way that life will go-so I choose to believe in you all the way and receive strength in this period of my life
3. I refuse to bow to the storm of life—no matter how great or small they may seem. I am strong; I reject fear and choose faith.
4. The LORD Jesus is proud of me because I have faith in Him and speak against the storms around me. I do not wait for Him to speak now, I believe in what He has already done for me on the cross of Calvary
5. I choose to win. As the storm rages, I choose to meditate on the word of GOD, pray and do His will. I do not focus my all on the storm—I communicate with the Holy Spirit and win
6. Jesus spoke to the storm—it does not surprise me that losers talk about their storms and champions in Christ talk boldly to the storm and win
Dear LORD Jesus,
I cannot physically stop or avoid all storms that threaten me and my progress. I believe that you are with me all the day I am safe in your hands. I choose to sleep in peace while you tackle the storm. I speak to you storm disturbing me right now and I address you with the authority in the name of Jesus—asking you to be still in Jesus name. I refuse to be disturbed or discouraged—I receive my peace right now.
Thank you Jesus.